Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Twihards, TwiMoms, and Twilight.


With the release of the latest 'Twilight' movie today, I thought this would be an appropriate blog. I have to be honest. I wished I could have attended the premiere at midnight with all the tweens and other twihards. Little did I know, tickets had to be bought in advance. Who knew this thing was such a big deal?

I was one of 'those people' who said I would NEVER watch 'Twilight' or be a 'twihard'. My sister convinced me to watch 'Twilight' (the first movie in the saga) last September. I was undeniably hooked. I read the first two books and saw 'New Moon' in the theater the week it premiered. I was a closet twihard for the first few months. It was my dirty little secret. As other 'Twi-moms' came out though, I felt more confident that I wouldn't be judged. I only have The Oprah Show to thank for this. So, Oprah is you're reading this, thank you.
I still haven't purchased any posters or t-shirts that proclaim my love for Edward Cullen, as I'm learning to embrace my inner twihard. It is my dream however, to one day walk proudly down my street sporting a large print of Edward across my bodice. (inappropriate wording?) Perhaps my husband would even allow me to put up some posters in our bedroom? That wouldn't be awkward at all.
Well, until I get to see Eclipse I would appreciate it if all you other twihards and twi-moms wouldn't speak to me about it. (I googled how it all ends because I don't have time to read the last two books, but I would like to see it play out on the big screen. So, don't ruin it for me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment