Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Things We Do To Save A Dollar...


I'm always looking for ways to save a buck to two. I consider myself to be a pretty cheap person. I dislike spending large amounts of money on things that I could get for cheaper....or better yet on things I could make myself. I am not a crafty person, but I pretend to be. I make all my own wreaths for my front door, I make my daughter hair bows, I weave my own baskets...ok so I don't weave my own baskets, but I try to be resourceful by buying them at garage sales.


Tonight I thought it would be a grand idea to cut my one year old son's hair. Not only will this save me $15.00 but it will save me the trip of taking him out to get it done. I cut my daughter's hair all the time, so this should be a cinch. Hmmmmm. Turns out cutting little boys hair is slightly different than girl's. At first I wet it down and cut it straight across the front giving him these nice girlish bangs. When I realized my error, I tried to mask it by cutting down by his ears giving it a nice blended swoop into the bangs. I don't need to tell you how much worse this made it. Being the person I am, I was laughing so hard I was crying when my husband came in and saw my efforts. He said "ohhhh my gosh he looks like Jebidiah". I know I can say this without offending anyone because the Amish don't have the Internet. By this point, I'd done one side so I needed to at least make it even and do the other side. Then my genius of a husband suggested I use the hair clippers. By george, why didn't I think of that?! I know why...because I'm a girl who knows NOTHING about cutting little boy's hair. Surely, I can fix it with the clippers! After all, the boy has his one year old pictures and his birthday party this weekend so we must make thist right. He can't look Amish for that.....However, we are having a cowboy themed party, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad??

Anyway, after a few minutes with the clippers it was actually looking pretty good. I was beginning to breathe a sigh of relief when "buzzzzzzz" I cut a rather large chunk of hair on the top of his head leaving a bald spot. Apparently, the mental high five I was giving myself was a moment too soon. Obviously, there is no covering up his bald spot. I put some gel in his hair and attempted a comb over. Now he looks like a 75 year old Jebidiah.

Pre-comb over.

Moral of the story? Next time I won't cut his hair right before a big event. You thought I was going to say I will just spend the $15.00 to have it cut, didn't you? No.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, can you be any funnier!?!? Poor little Jebidiah.

    ReplyDelete