Thursday, July 8, 2010

Texting. Its my drug of choice.


There are different levels of texting, and because I am so generous, considerate and bored (mainly its because I'm bored...) I have compiled a quiz of sorts to help decide your level of texting.


The first level of texting is what I call an Unresponsive Texter. I'm sure you know these people well. You probably avoid texting them at all costs. Unresponsive texters don't respond to most text messages (shocking, I know. The title didn't give that one away at all). Sometimes instead of texting you back, they call you. Not only is this incredibly obnoxious, but it completely defeats the purpose of a text message.


The second level is known as a Abbreviated Texter. I don't mean they shorten their words using abbreviations.....patience. I know that's what it sounds like I'm saying, but its not. These texters are extreme. Usually their responses are only one or two words and its like solving a puzzle to figure out what they're saying. I know this level well, as I am married to an abbreviated texter. I could text him a short novel, explaining to him in detail (because that's the only way I tell stories....even in texts. Great detail) of my horrible day and what a ruckus its been. His answer would read something like "sucks hot 3". Translation: "That sucks. Its hot out. Be home at 3." See? Abbreviated Texters are difficult.


The third level of texting is called the Commonplace Texter. Its just as it sounds. Average, ordinary, normal texter. You text them and they respond with an appropriate answer. No need for decoding or puzzle solving and they don't call you. This is the best kind of texter. If you strive for anything in life, it should be to become a Commonplace Texter.


The fourth and last level (and the level that I unfortunately fall under) is called the Incessant Texter. This is the texter that never leaves you alone. They use their text messages like status updates. This kind of texter usually has a "go-to texter". Meaning, they text (annoy) the same person on a regular basis. You hear a catchy new song that you like. What do you do? You text your go-to texter and tell them of said catchy new song. You just did something hilarious that no one witnessed. You have to tell someone. You text your go-to texter. You made up a new word that you think could make you famous. You text your go-to texter. I would like to take this time to formally apologize to my go-to texter. This isn't what I wanted to become and I'm not even sure how I got here. I'm so ashamed.


So, what kind of texter are you? What kind of texter do you hope to become someday? This is about goals and aspirations, people. Its serious.

*I made all of this up. These aren't real.*

1 comment:

  1. 2 of Maggie's friends are the Incessant texter. Since we don't have text, they call. They have been known to text each other when standing 1 block away.

    ReplyDelete