Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Things That Don't Belong On Pinterest

It's no secret that I have an adoring love for Pinterest. The recipes that I'll never make, the fabulous clothes that I can't afford, the how-to's that never turn out like the picture, the few hilarious e-cards, the home decor idea's that I could never actually apply to my own home, I just LOVE Pinterest.

However, there are days that I scroll through the beloved feed and see things of a perplexing nature. Things that make ya go "whhhaaaa???". Things that cause me to be concerned about our culture.

Allow me to share a few examples of the things that "don't belong on Pinterest". That's what I call them. Clever, huh?


The first picture up for discussion - The "wine sippy cup". Yep. That's right. A sippy cup for your wine to prevent those dreaded spills while driving or just perusing the house. And also because it's fun to sip your wine from a childlike cup.



Sticking with the wine theme, how about a "wine bra?" For those days that you want to be a full two cup sizes larger, you simply fill your bra up with an ENTIRE bottle of wine. And to trump the already amazing bra filled with wine, you can DRINK the wine straight from your bosoms from a little nipple attached to a tube.

 
Your fence slats are too wide for your miniature dog? No problem. Just use this nifty dog stopper collar to reverse clothes-line your innocent pooch when he tries to escape. That'll teach em.
 
 
Look closely. Do you see all that jargon attached to his face? This is called the "brain wave skate board". In case it isn't implied, you steer this here skate board with your brain. Wanna go left? Just think it.....and it'll go. Some may thing this is pretty rad, and maybe it is. However, isn't the image of a skater dude supposed to be.....well anything but this?
 
Next time you're on Pinterest be sure to look for the "Things that don't belong on Pinterest".
 
These are the actual Pinterest projects I've  been working on the past few days. When I'm not skating on my brainwave skate board, of course.
 
 
Wreaths for my cabinets. I didn't make the wreaths. Don't get too excited. I just hung them with a tip I found on Pinterest. I like to keep it simple.
 
 
 
Making an ornament wreath using a metal hanger. This was way cool.
 
 
This is what I look like while stringing ornaments on a hanger.
 
 
The finished product. Not bad.
*Update* I re-did the wreath. The right side of it wasn't right...I'll post a new picture later.
 
 
Lastly, a tomato cage Christmas Tree.  It'll look better on my front porch but my husband won't let me put it out there until after Thanksgiving. I'll post a better picture of it later.
*Update* The leaning Christmas Tree has now been straightened. I'll post a new picture later.
 
I have lots of other Pinterest projects on the horizon. I know how thrilled you are.
 
Until next time......never mind. I was going to come up with a neat catchphrase like Paula Deen, but I got nothing.
 
Happy day. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the hanger ideas! I found a WHOLE BUNCH on a walk one night and they are now taking up room because all I could manage was an abstract art piece. Now I have some AWESOME ideas! Thanks !!

    ReplyDelete